Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Less rants more remembering

I am in no position to judge, when I was 22, I too drunkenly stumbled around insulting people, albeit as far as I can remember, I was mostly clothed at the time (stands to be corrected) and was lucky enough to have boobs, because without them I surely would have been punched a few times.

I can't, can you?


If I were in the eyes of the media I would have been rushed into some sort of program after publicly apologising for my actions and admitting that I had a problem with alcohol. I wasn’t, and so was left to carry on with the antics of most varsity students for a few more years until I got over it all on my own.

Another drinky-poo dear?

The point that I am failing to make here is that as a sportsman, are you obligated to lead a squeaky clean lifestyle? I don’t think so. Children look up to them I hear you cry. Children also look up to lady gaga, wrestlers and power rangers so we can’t really rely on them for a sound opinion now can we.

No mom, no clothes

Zac Guilford and Mike Tindall have both made headline recently and been reprimanded by their respective sporting bodies for things that happened in their private lives. I loathe to say it, but perhaps it is time that rugby lakes a leaf out of football’s book. Fines are handed out when the actions of players affect the team. If you were supposed to be sleeping for training tomorrow and went out and got pissed, fine the bastard. If you were not and went out and got pissed, no one cares.

She was so pretty, I had to take her home


Affairs, brawls and midget tossing should be left out the equation. People do not become sportsmen for the fame, they do it because they’re damn good at something and can play it on the highest level possible. Fame is a side effect of talent in sports. You are not contracted because of the way in which you live your life, you are contracted purely on your ability to play your chosen game. And I think that consequently, you should only be judged on that ability, if you like wearing fluffy knickers at home then that is your business.

Fame! Not really the point of sport

So read it, have a giggle at their little escapade, perhaps reminisce about the days when you too were in that boat and leave it at that. Don’t start a rant on about moral fiber and role models, that’s what parents are for.

 xx

No comments:

Post a Comment